Our ongoing strategy to digitise our most impactful advertising sites moved rapidly ahead in 2019, with 10 key sites added to our digital portfolio.
The sites were chosen for their:
- High-traffic locations, close to key CBD, entertainment or retail precincts
- Fantastic positioning (in-front, overhead) to deliver long-distance viewing
- Proximity to traffic lights for greater audience dwell-time
- Ability to reach a high volume of audiences.
To recap, in 2019 we welcomed the below sites to our digital portfolio:
- MOTAT - Located at Auckland’s iconic Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT), this 7.7m x 4.2m high-resolution digital screen captures more than 200 metres of lead-in traffic. The strategic placement of this site provides advertisers a unique opportunity to reach the high volumes of traffic travelling towards Auckland Zoo, Pt Chevalier and Westmere to the left, and Grey Lynn, Ponsonby and Auckland CBD to the right.
- Parnell Bridge - this iconic site has launched more campaigns and captured more media attention than any other Out-Of-Home site in New Zealand. At 18m x 4.5m, this high-definition screen reaches audiences on the southern and north-western motorway on-ramps and in the nearby Parnell shopping district and waterfront entertainment area.
- Khyber Pass – capturing almost 24,000 vehicles daily, this high-performing site on Khyber Pass Road was converted in June. The 14.4m x 4.8m billboard offers advertisers in-front, overhead positioning, exceptionally long viewing distance and close proximity to traffic.
- Wellington Central – installed in September, this billboard at 8.6, x 16.3m is now New Zealand’s largest digital roadside billboard! Located smack bang in the centre of Wellington, next door to NZ Parliament, Beehive and Wellington Station, the iconic site delivers long lead in viewing, lengthy dwell time and enormous reach.
- Portrait Digital Network – These five digital portrait sites are located in high-traffic locations in the heart of Auckland, including Epsom, St Lukes, College Hill, Kingsland and Remuera. Delivering an average of 1.2 million connections each week (across the five sites), this network delivers advertisers a high-frequency platform in portrait format.
The amazing digitisation progress made last year has us even more excited for what’s to come in 2020. Stay tuned!